William works as a gardener at Mr. Grant’s estate. Mr. Grant is the wealthiest businessman in the state. William is secretly in love with Mr. Grant’s beautiful daughter Elizabeth, but he is afraid that her father would not approve. One day in a letter, William learns that he has inherited his uncle’s house and garden. When he decides visiting his new house he discovers that the house is in disrepair and will need a lot of work. Also the garden has been neglected, but it has a lot of potential. So he thinks he can grow and pick the fruits using the money he’ll earn to restore the house. Maybe, when he have the house fixed up, he could invite Elizabeth over to visit. Then is when the game begins.
You have to catch the falling leaves and place them on the tree to make it grow. Once a branch is covered in leaves it will begin to grow. After a while, the flowers on the tree will bloom and then fruit will begin to grow. By picking fruit you earn money. You need to collect enough fruit to meet your goal before time is up. The water and temperature meters let you know if the tree needs sunlight or water. If the tree needs water, use the sprinkler. If it needs sunlight, use the heating lamp. Also, you have to beware of pests. They eat the leaves off of your tree. Catch bonuses as they fall from the sky. They will help your tree grow. Different fruits have different values. The tree will grow faster if you plant leaves on the trunk first and work your way up. You can test your reflexes on the loading screen. You have to pick the fruit as fast as you can to set a new record.
When you enter the game, you’re asked for a player name and then you’ll see the welcome screen with the following options:
- Change Player: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Play: this option leads you to the comic-style introduction to the game. When it’s done you’ll start playing the first level helped by a tutorial.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like: sound effects volume, music volume, fever volume, 3D acceleration, colorblind mode, custom cursors, and full screen (on/off).
- How to play: it shows some help information and the rules to play the game.
- Scores, Credits and Quit: no further explanation required.
Once you are playing, you can press the MENU button on the screen to pause the game, go to the options menu, get back to the game, access help information, or save the game and go back to the main menu.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the systems requirements, here you have a list to check out:
• Windows Vista; Windows XP
• Graphics Card DirectX compatible Video Card
• DirectX Version DirectX 7.0
• Processor Speed (MHz) 1,000
• HD Space (GB) 35
• RAM (MB) 256
- Easy to learn how to play guided by the tutorial
- Affordable price
- Very entertaining, yet easy to play game
- It’s available only in English
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network is not supported